We are Productive Machines Limited, a spin out company from the University of Sheffield Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre. Our aim is to help the machining industry reach the best part, faster, first time and we are on the search for Software Developers to accelerate the development of products that the machining industry needs
What you’ll be doing
You will be driving software development for machining excellence through undertaking the following:
- Programming the cutting mechanics and dynamics models
- Developing & programming software packages and protocols for the digital twin, data acquisition, transfer, processing etc.
- Increasing code efficiency through parallelisation (For instance, OpenMP, MPI and Cuda).
- Working with machine tool controllers to acquire data, process and learn from the data.
- Working with Computer Aided Manufacturing Software to design and develop software which enhances the customer experience.
- Supporting the development of machine learning models to increase capabilities of the solutions.
You will be a part of our core technical development team, working and reporting to the Chief Software Architect and the Chief Technical Officer.
What skills & experience you’ll bring to us
- You will have experience and knowledge in programming in C++ and C#, most likely gained whilst acquiring your undergraduate/ Masters/ PhD degree.
- Experience in developing standalone software.
- Conversant in Matlab programming.
- Experience in working with agile software development platforms, such as Jira.
- You enjoy working autonomously, seeking feedback and updating on progress without requiring intensive supervision.
- Knowledge of Git (Github or Bitbucket) or similar.
Advantageous to have
- Experience in programming Computer Aided Manufacturing models in CAM software such as Siemens NX, CATIA, HyperMill and Autodesk PowerMill for machining.
- Experience in working with controllers (would be great if you worked on a CNC machine tool controller) and established data transfer.
- Experience in edge computing and building onsite/ private servers
- Experience in Java, Python, AWS and .NET language would be excellent.
- Knowledge and experience in Machine learning and condition monitoring would be very helpful.
What we offer you
We offer a competitive salary, stakeholder pension and 25 days holiday a year plus 8 English Public holidays per year – and not forgetting an additional day off for your birthday so you can spend it how you wish. We operate a hybrid working model based in our office in Sheffield, with flexible working to enhance the productivity, comfort and the well-being of our employees. International applicants are welcome.
Want to apply? Get in touch today
If the above sounds like the perfect job for you or you would like to find out more about what other roles we have on offer then please send a copy of your CV and covering email to email@example.com