We are Productive Machines Limited, a spin out company from the University of Sheffield Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre. Our aim is to help the machining industry reach the best part, faster, first time and we are on the search for Machining Physics Developers to accelerate the development of products that the machining industry needs.
What you’ll be doing
You will be driving machining excellence through undertaking the following:
- Working with machine tools to understand and model their behaviour.
- Developing technologies to model cutting mechanics and dynamics.
- Undertaking research and developing technologies to predict process characteristics such as cutting forces, torques, vibrations etc.
- Running offsite and onsite customer projects.
- Supporting the development of machine learning models to achieve autonomy in process planning and control.
You will be a part of our core technical development team, working with and reporting to the Chief Technical Officer and Chief Software Architect.
What skills & experience you’ll bring to us
- You will have experience and knowledge in modelling cutting mechanics and dynamics, most likely gained whilst acquiring your Masters/ PhD degree
- You will be an advanced Matlab programmer
- You should have experience in running machining trials, collecting data from dynamometer, accelerometer, microphone, CNC controller and processing the data
- You enjoy working autonomously, seeking feedback and updating on progress without requiring intensive supervision and have good fluency in English, both written and spoken.
Advantageous to have
- Experience in programming Computer Aided Manufacturing models in CAM software such as Siemens NX, CATIA, HyperMill and Autodesk PowerMill for machining and posting CAM files to G Code
- Programming experience in C++, Java and Python
- Knowledge and experience in Machine learning and condition monitoring would be helpful
- Ability to carry out tap testing would be great
- Knowledge of Git (Github or Bitbucket) would be useful
What we offer you
We offer a competitive salary, stakeholder pension and 25 days holiday a year plus 8 English Public holidays per year – and not forgetting an additional day off for your birthday so you can spend it how you wish. We operate a hybrid working model based in our office in Sheffield, with flexible working to enhance the productivity, comfort and the well-being of our employees. International applicants are welcome.
Want to apply? Get in touch today
If the above sounds like the perfect job for you or you would like to find out more about what other roles we have on offer then please send a copy of your CV and covering email to email@example.com
|Application Close||open ended|