— cohort now complete —
This exciting new programme will take tech startups through 2 stages: a growth accelerator, followed by a market engagement phase, each designed to drove progress and success for your company
#internetofthings #iot #netzero #decarbonise
What is Decarbonise SY?
An equity-free programme for startups and scaleups with market-ready IoT technologies that enable net zero buildings, cities and supply chains, optimise industrial operations or bolster the connectivity and resiliency of IoT networks.
Through a series of intense capacity building workshops, mentoring sessions, networking events and the Tech Studios© to scope potential pilots with corporates, the programme aims to help South Yorkshire startups and scalesups improve their market readiness, increase their product-market fit, and enhance their market visibility.
The equity-free programme will commence in November 2022. It will be held in a hybrid format, with both in-person and online sessions to maximise the impact and engagement of startups and scaleups.
“This is our 5th programme with Barnsley Council. We look forward to the continued partnerships and supporting the growth of the South Yorkshire Tech Ecosystem through our programmes” Tanya Suarez, Founder and CEO of IoT Tribe
“We’re really excited to see what companies this IoT Tribe accelerator will bring through the programme. We’ve a fast growing tech ecosystem in the region and Internet of Things is a key technology area for many industries. Working with the wider TEAM SY programme, the companies will be coming into a welcoming and supportive environment, not just from the accelerator itself, but also from the wider support we have on offer in Barnsley and across South Yorkshire” Tracey Johnson, Business Centres Manager at Barnsley MBC
Who should apply?
1. Applicant companies must have a trading office or virtual address in the South Yorkshire region (the metropolitan boroughs of Sheffield, Barnsley, Doncaster, and Rotherham), and be able to demonstrate this
2. Startups and Scaleups should have market-ready IoT technologies that enable net-zero buildings, cities and supply chains; optimise industrial operations, or bolster the connectivity and resiliency of IoT networks
- Have a registered or trading address in South Yorkshire (including a virtual office), or be willing to register a presence in the market
- Ideally be set up by at least 2 founders
- Have at least a minimum viable product or service built around an IoT Net Zero/decarbonisation solution
- Have ideally received pre-seed funding and/or have some revenue streams
What will you get?
Total Startups on Programme
Total Startups on Programme
Equity & Fees to Join
- Capacity Building Workshops (mix of in-person and virtual sessions)
- 1:1 mentoring sessions
- CTO Power Hours
- Networking Events & Roundtable Sessions
- Weekly Check-Ins with Programme Manager
Throughout the programme, participants will
- Build their capacity
- Connect with the Market
- Get Access to Exclusive Opportunities
- Pilot and Partner with Corporates
- Get Embedded in South Yorkshire’s Growing Tech Ecosystem
- Gain Valuable Advice from Leading Industry Mentors
Ready to accelerate your business?
Join this programme and become part of the TEAM SY community. Take your startup to the next level with our support.