What is Get Funding Fit?
A series of programmes designed to help South Yorkshire based startups and SMEs raise investment and access funding.
Get Funding Fit helps early-stage entrepreneurs navigate the investment landscape and provide them with the skills, knowledge and networks needed to fund their business growth.
Series 1: Raising Equity Investment will equip you with the knowledge, tools and introductions needed to raise equity investment.
Applications for Cohort 1 are now closed. Please register your interest for Get Funding Fit Series 2 by clicking the link below. The course will take place in early 2022*.
*subject to demand
Benefits for South Yorkshire Startups
- Expert knowledge, advice and coaching from investors and funding specialists in South Yorkshire and the rest of the UK.
- Interactive workshops, Q&As and panel sessions from British Business Bank, Capital Enterprise, North Invest, Post Urban Ventures, Seedrs, Scale Business Performance and RTC North
- Virtual and face-to-face meet ups with other entrepreneurs in the region
- Introductions to investors and funds available in the region
- Opportunity to pitch to investors at an Investor Lounge
- Additional support from the TEAM SY, including early access to other upcoming programmes
Meet the experts
CEO - Capital Enterprise
Investment Manager - TEAM SY | Partner - Post Urban Ventures
Community and Outreach Manager - TEAM SY | Venture Manager - Post Urban Ventures
Investment and Programme Director - North Invest
Senior Associate - Seedrs
Senior Manager at British Business Bank
Innovation and Growth Specialist - RTC North
Founder and Director - Scale Business Performance
What will the course cover?
4 October – Early December 2021
2 x face-to-face sessions (Welcome Session and Demo Day)
5 x peer group sessions
One-to-one sessions with expert mentors
12 x virtual workshops, seminars and panel discussions covering range of topics including:
- The South Yorkshire investment landscape
- ‘Ask me anything’ sessions with seed and angel investors
- Creating the right business model
- An introduction to innovation grant funding and crowdfunding
- The full course curriculum and dates/times can be found here.
Who is it for?
Businesses operating from South Yorkshire. You must have a South Yorkshire registered or trading address.
Those who are curious or who are considering raising funds in the next 6 months.
Businesses with high growth potential.
Those in pre-seed/first round funding stage.
Early stage businesses who wish to understand equity investment and need support to reach a credible position to raise.
Those who are able to commit to the full programme – a minimum of 12 hours.
Spaces are limited with priority given to startups and SMEs based in South Yorkshire.