TEAM SY Launch Event | Barnsley Digital Media Centre | 5pm – 8pm | Thursday 14 October, 2021
TEAM SY’s goal is to create a sustainable and competitive tech ecosystem that can attract entrepreneurs to start and scale businesses in the region. Key outcomes of the project include creating 160 high value jobs, raising £20m of private investment and increasing the concentration of startup businesses..
If you’re already part of South Yorkshire’s tech ecosystem, or if you want to get involved, you need to be at this event.
What to expect
- Arrival drinks and catering provided by local suppliers.
- A marketplace in the atrium to showcase successful local startups and exhibit the programmes being offered, such as;
- AI Academy
- Get Funding Fit South Yorkshire
- Post Urban Ventures – Venture Builder
- IoT Connexin Pre-Accelerator
- OneTech SY – empowering underrepresented people to claim their space in the tech startup ecosystem.
- A gathering of key stakeholders, delivery partners, startups, SMEs and larger corporates from South Yorkshire and beyond.
- Keynote speakers will share insight into the importance of developing tech in the region, as well as discussions with experts on areas such as artificial intelligence, tech for good and IoT.
- A chance to meet the TEAM SY team, other entrepreneurs and investors.
Darren Balcombe, Deputy CEO of Capital Enterprise said,
‘We are very excited about working with everyone in South Yorkshire to help expand and improve the existing business support and investment ecosystem – and bring new resources and expertise into the mix.’
The TEAM SY Launch event will be a catalyst for the Government’s Levelling Up White Paper which will demonstrate how South Yorkshire is working to further grow it’s high value digital and tech cluster. It will provide the perfect platform for networking and collaboration with future partners, raising the profile of the region and showcasing exciting new opportunities.